Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playing catch up

So, it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post. I'll try to make this short and sweet...."TRY"
We'll start with last week. I took Walker on April 1st to get a new hair style. I say "hair style" rather than "hair cut" because I took him to my friend Lana (www.designbylana.com) at the Lemon Drop Salon on Lee Hwy in Chattanooga. I had told Lana that Walker hated having his hair cut with clippers and it seems barbers these days don't know how to handle kids and scissors. Walker hasn't had a good cut in quite some time and it was driving me crazy. She told me to bring him in to her and she'd get him a good cut. Walker loves to gel his hair so it can be in a faux-hawk or spiked....so he wanted a style that would allow for that, but still look good when nothing is done to it.
Lana, God love her, was able to get Walker to allow her to cut the back and sides with clippers. I think it was less his fear of the clippers and more of the person holding the clippers. He just loved Lana and was so good for her. He told me she is "the best hair cutter in the world!". Here are some pics of my handsome little man:

Getting Started

All Gelled Up-Right Profile


All Gelled Up - Left Profile

One Handsome Lil' Man


I have to say, that I just have the two most handsome boys in the world!! OMG, I just want to eat them up they are just so cute! Of course, I'm just a little biased. :)



Wyatt is growing by leaps and bounds these days. Mom and I weighed him at her house about 2 weeks ago and he was a whopping 15.5lbs! WOW! I measured him last week and he was 25 1/2" long! He's such a big boy. He's not rolling over yet, that is mostly because he still doesn't like tummy time very much, but he's smiling, laughing and cooing all the time. He's so vocal now and it's just so cute! Here are a few pictures of him from the last couple of weeks.





Sweet Sleeping Baby

Bath Time (in the kitchen sink)


The 'After Bath'


The first picture he resembles me as a baby :)



Big Grins with Teddy

Now, on to Baseball!!!
Walker's team was supposed to have their first regular season game on Saturday, April 4th. We got a call on Thursday from his coach that they were going to play in a tournament at Chattanooga Valley. They lost their first game, but Walker scored his teams only run. Since it was a double elimination tourney, they played again about 45 minutes later...which gave us just enough time to have a lovely ballpark lunch....hot dogs! They won their second game and had to back on Sunday for another game. They won 2 games on Sunday. They were so good. They played their little hearts out. The last game they played on Sunday was so great. We only had 8 boys playing, the other team had about 15. Their coach was, let's just say a little aggressive. It was such a sweet win being the underdogs. They played their last game of the tourney on Tuesday. Sadly, they lost....again we only had 8 boys playing (it's spring break here, so families are on vacation) and it was FREEZING COLD! Here are some pics from the Chattanooga Valley Tournament:







Ok, so it wasn't a very short post....sorry about that. Had to get all these great pics in.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend.
PS. LFORA Parade and Opening Ceremonies are this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. love the haircut! very cute. Also Wyatt is getting so big. I look back at tiny pictures of mine and I can't believe how much he's grown!

    ReplyDelete