Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Worries and Catch Up

We have the big party coming up this weekend. Walker is so very excited. We're expecting a fairly decent turn out between family and friends.....but we're getting nervous about the weather. I just saw on the news this morning that there's a 50% chance of rain for Saturday.

What to do, what to do. The party is planned to be at a local park where there's a great playground for all the kids to play on. What a bummer it will be if it gets rained out.

I'll keep my eye on the weather forecast and hope for the best.
Here are a couple of pics:

Walker's so silly

Sweet Brothers



Ok, so I totally forgot to post Wyatt stats from his 4 month check up. He weighed in at 15lbs 8oz and 26" long. He's in the 64th percentile for his weight and 87th percentile for his length. He's doing great. He is starting to get a bit of a flat spot on his head. I asked the doc about it and told him that Wyatt hates tummy time and just cries when he's on his tummy, so I don't make him stay.....doc replied in his sweet, accented way "Wyatt is 4 months old, you are the boss now. A little crying never hurts." Which I took as 'get him used to it so his head rounds back out'. So, that's what we're doing. We're starting out slow...but I let him stay on his tummy for a bit even after he starts crying. I will admit that I haven't done it every day and I'm having a hard time letting him cry. I try playing with him while he's on his tummy, but he just doesn't like it. I will just keep trying. If there is no improvement, we'll talk to Dr. E about it again.

Walker is doing GREAT in baseball. To this day, Walker has not been struck out at bat. He's gotten out on base. He has hit the ball every time he's been to bat! And, boy, let me tell you...his fielding skills have really improved....still much to improve on, but what a difference in just a few short weeks.

Will follow up with the party details :)

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress too much about the flat head. He is still so young and it will get better once he starts to get mobile. My oldest son had it real bad but is now 3 and has a nice round head. All three of my babies have it now and they don't like to spend a lot of time on their tummy either.

    ReplyDelete