Sunday, April 26, 2009

From the Land of Walker

A picturesque setting....I'm holding baby Wyatt as we sit swinging in the warm sunshine; we're watching Randy and Walker play catch. Randy has just (that day) picked up a new glove so Walker's major league type throws wouldn't sting his hand (his old glove is somewhere in storage). They were having a great time. I was having a great time watching them play.



Out of the blue Walker says so sweetly "Daddy, when I'm an adult, but without the fat belly, I'm going to get a big glove like that."



Yes, he said "...without the fat belly..."!! I thought I was going to pee my pants!! Thank God I was sitting while holding Wyatt! Randy, bless his heart, took it in stride and just said, "Yes, Walker, when you're an adult, without a fat belly, you can have a big glove like Daddy's."



Ahhh, you just have to love the innocent mind of a child. They think it, they say it! No censoring.

1 comment:

  1. oh your poor husband. At least we "adults" can take that no censoring in stride.

    ReplyDelete