Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not as bad as I thought.....

So, I was thinking today 'I really need to blog; it's been forever!' But then I pull it up today and realize that it's been only a week since my last post...not as bad as I thought.
Here's the 411 on the last week for us...........

Walker was out of school on Thursday and Friday. We didn't do too much. Played outside, went to the park and just hung out.

The weekend:
Ball tournament was cancelled due to rain, rain and more rain. We were so disappointed. Walker did, however, get his uniform. Let's just say that Randy made a boo-boo with the size. My little man is just that, little. A Youth Medium shirt swallows him! It looks like a 3/4 length sleeved dress on him! :)He really needed the small, but we'll make due. I'm going to have the sleeves hemmed, and that should take care of it. Walker is #6. He thought that was cool since he's turning 6 in May.

On Sunday we loaded up the van with the 4 of us, Randy's parents and my mom (thank goodness for an 8 passenger mini-van!)to go out to lunch and to a liquidation store in Hixson, Lila's - located in Highland Plaza at the corner of Hixson Pk and Ashland Terrace. They sell things from hotels (Hilton, Hampton, etc) like tables, chairs, sofas, headboards, armoires, etc....it was full of stuff and people. There were some great buys to be had if you're in the market for that kind of stuff. We bought Walker a new night stand for his room. We'd had just one of the round tables with a table cloth, but he broke one of the legs and started using it as a sword--boys! So, even though it doesn't match his head board, it'll work just fine. It's in great condition and is VERY sturdy, which is what we need! Mom bought Erika a chest that she can make cushions for and sit on and use for storage. Randy's parents bought a writing desk; they were actually in the market for a TV armoire, but the one they wanted was already sold. We'll probably check back in a couple of weeks.

Monday it was STILL raining. I was supposed to meet Tara, Lana and their kids at the park for a play date after Walker got out of school, but it was raining. There was no work scanned in for me, so I went to do some shopping with Randy and we had lunch. Walker had a good day at school and all seemed well with the world. Randy went off to work (he's on 2nd all week long) around 4. I managed to get both kids in the bed and sleeping by around 8 or so. While I was on the phone, Walker woke up with what I thought was a bad dream. Turned out he had an ear ache. That was the beginning of a VERY LONG NIGHT!! Poor baby was in so much pain, I hurt for him. Randy had a short night at work and was home by around 10ish, thank goodness! I thought we were going to have to take Walker to the ER because he was in so much pain. Randy made a midnight run to Walgreens for ear drops. A warm compress, Tylenol and ear drops bought about 3.5 - 4 hours of continuous sleep....for Walker & Randy any way; I kept waking up to check on him. He was just pitiful. We went through another bout of sever pain around 4ish and again considered taking him to the ER. More drops and warm compress seemed to do the trick for a bit. Then, it started draining...can you say GROSS!!!! OMG, it was no wonder that baby was in so much pain. I've never, in my life, seen so much drainage from an ear. Never in his life has he ever had an ear infection that caused so much pain and drained like this! We went to Dr. Erinle's office first thing Tuesday morning. Since these are walk-in hours, if you're not the first there, you must be prepared to wait. I thought that by getting there at 8:45, we should be good...WRONG!! There were 5 people ahead of us. Well worth it though to see Dr. E. He's the best! We finally got back to see him about 11am. Yes, that's over 2 hours in the waiting room! Luckily, there was a little boy there the same age as Walker and they played together. Dr. Erinle used peroxide in his ear and cleaned it out--Walker didn't like that at all, but he was a big boy and made it through it! :) He is back on antibiotics for the 3rd time in less than 2 months. He was also prescribed ear drops. His little ear is still draining.
Here's a pic of Walker at the dr. office:

His teacher called today to ask if it was OK for Walker to play outside. How sweet of her to think to call and ask. I told her it was fine. It's a warm day out and he's feeling better. She said he's only complained once of his ear bothering him, so I think he's fine to go out--it's not like they are out there for hours.

St. Patty's Day
I don't have a picture of Walker in his St. Patty's Day shirt because his ear leaked on it and he immediately took it off before I could get one. But, here's a picture of Wyatt is his green attire:


Plans for this weekend:

Weather provided, we should be playing ball this weekend! We don't know if we're playing Friday or Saturday yet. I'm hoping for Saturday so Randy can go to his first game. I'll post info and pics!

My friend Anna, her 2 kids (our God-children, Cody & Erin) and her boyfriend are coming to town for a visit. We're looking forward to meeting Tim for the first time. I'm sure I'll have stories and pics to share next week!

And, btw....I have a warning for you: Please BEWARE of full glasses of water at Olive Garden! They have a tendacy to fall off trays and into the laps of unsuspecting patrons!! And to top it off (pardon the pun) they see no need to make appologies for it! For more info on this story, please go to http://blevinsnewhouse.blogspot.com/2009/03/olive-garden-drowning.html
This is my cousin's blog.

Thinking Springtime thoughts.......

No comments:

Post a Comment