Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Late Night Practice

Ball practice went pretty well last night considering the time. With Tuesday practices not starting until 7:30, it makes for a late night for 5 & 6 year old kids. By the end of practice, which was around 9pm I think, the kids were silly. There was a lot of playing in the dirt. I think overall they did really well. I was especially proud of Walker for holding it together as long as he did. I really expected that he would be bouncing off the walls, but he was pretty well controlled. Sure he got a little silly and was having a hard time focusing while standing on 3rd base for what probably seemed like hours to him. But, he wasn't the only one having a hard time....It is just a little late for little kids....especially when there's school the next day.
Walker did a great job batting too. Here are a few pics we took when he was up to bat:



Um, as you can see we're trying to figure out the best way to take pics at night under those bright field lights.

We also ordered shirts and hats to support Walker during the games....Mom and I got shirts and Randy got a shirt and a hat. We're going to try to find a plain shirt for Wyatt and see about getting Walker's number put on it so he can wear team colors too.

We also got Walker's regular season schedule. WOW, big change from last year. In Spring Hill Little League the kids only played 8 games (I think). This year we have pre-season tournaments for the next 3 weekends. Regular season games start on April 4th, then I hear they also have post-season tournaments. We have 15 regular season games...2 of which are on Walker's birthday! I'm glad we found out now so I can plan his birthday party.....which I better get started on since it's now less than 2 months away. Where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment