Monday, February 16, 2009

8 weeks

Ok, I know I haven't blogged in a while. Give me a break, I've been busy and sleepy. Working while caring for Wyatt at the same time is certainly a challenge! Much harder than I thought it would be. I still haven't found a good balance. And now that he's awake more during the day it's even harder. This week Randy and I are going to try something new to see if it makes it a little easier. I'm going to work a little during the day while Wyatt is sleeping and then I'll work a 2-3 nights a week for at least a couple of hours a night. I am hoping that if I get some uninterupted time, it'll make it easier. We'll see how it goes.
Well, it has been several weeks since I posted a blog, so let me see what's been going on.......
Walker's teacher, Mrs. Stone had her baby girl on Feb 1st....her actual due date! Congrats Ceren! She's georgous!

My dear friend Tammy...all the way up in good ole Columbia City, Indiana....sent Walker and Wyatt gifts! Here is Walker saying thank you for the Spiderman blanket she sent him...we emailed this to her:


Here's a picture of Wyatt sporting a faux-hawk:



Walker had his Valentine's Day party at school on Thursday. Mom made candy for all the kids and teachers. She is now officially a candy-making addict and needs help! I brought up the idea of rehab, but as Renee so kindly pointed out, who would make all the cool candy?! LOL Here are a couple of pics from my camera. I don't have very many b/c Wyatt was with me and mom took more pics with her camera than mine.
this is Walker with his yard-stick gum that he got from the treasure chest for selling a box of candy. It was NASTY!! It was so old and hard, he couldn't even chew it...and believe me, he tried at first. Really, can we please get some fresh gum if it's gonna be a prize they can pick?

Here's Walker blowing his Valentine whistle--oh, yeah...that thing is GONE! :)


Walker had Friday off from school for a teachers in-service day. They were supposed to be off today for President's Day, but they are in school to make up from the flood day taken a few weeks ago. On Friday Walker decided to climb on the bathroom counter to get one of his Bakugans down from the shelf (it was there b/c I had rinsed it off) and he fell. He had a pretty bad scrape on his side and under his arm. He wanted to lie down in my bed and wanted Wyatt with him....so here's a pic:
Aren't they cute....and yep, there's the blanket Tammy sent--Walker LOVES IT!!

There have been a couple of other events, but I neglected to take my camera. I keep forgetting to put it in the diaper bag before I go somewhere. UGH...there's so much to remember, and my memory isn't that great these days.
Most recently, my mom was in a car accident over the weekend. Her car is totalled! A truck was pulling a utility trailer that came unhitched. Evidently, the trailer hit the tires of the truck pulling it, which sent it side ways in the road and hit moms car--her car went over it trailer and when everything finally stopped, she had 1 tire still on the road...the rest of the car was sideways on the trailer! I'm happy to report that mom is fine. She is in some pain from the impact and a burn on her arm from the air bag...but it could have been much worse! Mom called us and Randy went directly to the scene. He said there was oil and gas leaking from her car--it was all over the road. We also learned that the company the driver (of the truck) works for is a farm equipment company--thankgoodness there was no eqipment on the trailer. It could have been much worse! Now, she has to wait for the insurance to settle up so she can get another car.

I will try my best to blog as often as possible and update with pictures. Here's a pic of me and Wyatt from yesterday. I really need to start my diet!

Here are some more misc. pictures:




Take Care!!

1 comment:

  1. Please, Please, Please go to www.dangeroustrailers.org!!! I hope your mom will be ok. I wan't you to know that somebody has been trying to bring this matter to our government. Since 2003... 2,139 people have been taken from us... 120,000 injured!!! and 340,000 things damaged. Since 1988 over 441,000 people have been hurt by the same type of accident that hurt your mom.

    I have contacts for you if you wish.... a person lost her life just last month in Pittsburg by a loose trailer.

    We need people like you to speak up.. look at the BBC Video... from England...

    ReplyDelete