Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sick hubby = more work for Mommy

First, let me say this...honey, I love you to bits, you know I do!
Now.......
Ladies, you know what I'm talking about, right? The hubby is terribly sick, so much so that he actually agrees to go see a doctor....you know they are REALLY sick if they want to see a doctor. Of course, this is after 2 days of fevers reaching 102, sore throat, upset tummy, etc......2 days of coming home to lie in bed and do nothing else and I do mean NOTHING else! So, Mommy picks up the slack for the night time things. And you know it probably wouldn't bother me so much if this were what I got to do when I was sick, but we all know Mommy's don't get that luxury when sick. When we're sick we still have to take care of the kidddos, even if we're contagious. [I don't get to say, "I can't hold the baby, I'm contagious." Come on, wash your hands and don't get right in his face, how hard is that?]We still have to drive them to and from school, change diapers, feed, clothe, bathe. Granted, other duties may fall to the wayside during a Mommy's illness, but the basics will ALWAYS be covered....they have to be, or they won't get done.

Am I alone in this frustration?

God love our husbands....they work hard, I know mine does. He has a physically demanding job and he is tired when he gets home from work when he's not sick, so I do have sympathy (come on, I'm not a complete you know what). I know he does the best he can every day and I love him for it.

Just needed to vent.....baby Wyatt's sleeping pattern has changed and I'm a little more tired than I have been in a while, so I'm on edge.

BTW, Randy is feeling much better. He even fed and held the baby last night after I assured him it was ok (again, don't get in his face and wash your hands often)! He got a shot in the butt (hehe!) yesterday and was given several prescriptions. Those shots always seem to make you feel better FAST. He's back to work today. I hope he continues to feel better and does not relapse. And I hope the rest of us don't catch it! Evidently some sort of bug is going around according to the doctor.

Thank you for allowing me to complain a little. Thank you to my husband for reading this and not getting mad ;). And lastly, thank you to the Academy! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! The academy loves you!!!

    I DO feel your pain, I think anyone with a husband has been there at some point - good luck riding this one out, sounds like it's almost over :)

    -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! Our whole family when through a period of being sick. When my husband was sick he couldn't do ANYTHING but when I was sick - I still had to do my part! big babies.

    ReplyDelete