Friday, February 20, 2009

Bombs Away.....

Well, we got word that my brother, aka Major Matt, received a minor injury during an IED explosion this week. He was traveling via convoy in Afghanistan when the vehicle directly in front of his was struck by an IED explosion.

We are so thankful that Matt's vehicle did not receive a direct hit. The explosion did cause his vehicle to shake which somehow caused a missile launcher to fall on his knee. I believe I have accurately described the details as they were explained to me....since the baby, my memory hasn't been quite up to par, so Matt if I've misspoken, please let me know ;)

I'm happy to report there were no deaths in the explosion. Two soldiers from the vehicle ahead of Matt were injured, but my understanding is that they were not critical injuries. What a miracle!

Here is a photo that was taken of Matt the day prior to the incident:

Here is Matt and Canadian Corporals Clausmann and Kangas at Camp Nathan Smith, Kadahar City, Afghanistan

Here is Matt at the Afghan National Police HQ in Kandahar City, Afghanistan


Matt is expected to return stateside around the end of March. Please continue to pray for his safety. He will make it home just in time for the kids birthdays!
Only 5 more weeks, please keep safe brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment