Monday, February 23, 2009

My Little Chunk Monk!

Friday, February 20th

Wyatt was officially 2 months old yesterday. Time is going by so fast! So, with that means it's time for the dreaded 2 month check up! Shots--3 injections to be exact. Poor baby. He cried so hard. That little face was so read and I began to wonder when he would take a breath after holding it for so long! I didn't cry, but it certainly made me sad to see him in pain. The good news is he's growing!! My little 6lb 8oz 19.5in newborn is now a strapping 12lb 24in baby! Yep, He's almost doubled his weight in only 2 months!!! He's my little Chunk Monk!
Here's his pic while getting ready for the dr appointment


Walker also got to see the doc for a recheck of his ears...both are still infected. So another round of antibiotics for him.

Saturday, February 21st

Today is the last day for baseball sign ups....so, you know that's the day we went. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! Walker is all signed up and ready to go. We should be hearing from the league with the details soon.
After sign ups we headed out for Randy's eye appointment. I had insisted on all of us going so I could see what frames he picked out. Probably not the brightest idea I've ever had taking 2 kids with us.....especially a hyper-active 5 year old. Not a great mix in an eye glasses place. Oh well, we're no worse for the wear, and he didn't break anything, so I consider it a victory! Randy picked out 2 pairs of glasses, one for work and one for everyday wear. I didn't take a pic at the store as I had my hands full, but he picks them up on Monday and I'll take a pic then.
After that we went to Macaroni Grille for lunch. Here's a pic of Randy and Walker at the restaurant:

Here's a pic of Walker playing with the pizza dough they will bring out for kids:


We then made a trip to Target. The purpose of going this shopping trip was to get a small toy and socks for Walker...I also wanted to see what kind of baby shoes they had for Wyatt. Well, on our way out something down the kids bedding isle caught my eye, so we were looking around....Walker spotted the Star Wars the Clone Wars bedding. He was so excited and wanted it so bad. Of course nothing comes together--all sold separately! I told him he could pick one piece, the throw, the sheets or the comforter. He chose the comforter and I put it in the cart. I told him that maybe he could get the rest for his birthday. Next thing I know, Randy throws in the sheet set. We didn't get the throw blanket, but here's a pic of his new stuff:


Later that afternoon I had plans to meet Stacey and Heather for dinner. This was my first outing (other than delivering Walker to and from school) without Wyatt. I must say that it's so very different with the 2nd child! I didn't feel the least bit guilty for leaving both boys with their Daddy for a few hours while I enjoyed an evening of girl talk and a cocktail. I took my camera with me, but completely forgot to take pictures! I think I was just so excited to be out on my own, it completely left my mind.

Sunday, February 22nd

After having my girls evening and not feeling bad about leaving the baby, I decided it was time for the next step. Randy and I had major grocery shopping to do. Our cupboards were virtually empty and we needed to stock up on everything from apples to Ziploc bags and everything in between! So, Walker and Wyatt both spent the afternoon with Nana!
While Randy and I enjoyed an afternoon of shopping in peace, with no requests for toys or cries for a diaper or bottle, Nana handled the boys! Again, I am surprised as how easy this was for me. When Walker was this age I had such a hard time being gone from him for any amount of time. Now, I'm like bring on the free time!
Don't get me wrong, I missed them both like crazy....but we all need a break from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment