Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well, the first 2 weeks of my 'Work with the kids' trial period is coming to a close. I must say, it's a success! I'm so happy it's worked out. Not that it hasn't been hard, but I can see that it is completely doable. I'm so happy that I don't have to send either of the kids to daycare/daycamp! It's a true blessing, to say the least. I believe it's about to get even easier.....let me explain.

WE ARE MOVING!! YAY! No, not out of town (again). We're actually making a local move and staying in good ole Fort Oglethorpe! It was important for us to stay where Walker won't have to change schools.

It's nothing fancy, as per Walker's instructions; rather it's a fixer, but I think it'll be a great place for us. And even though it's not the "fancy house" that Walker wanted, he's very excited. He can't wait to have his new room painted (dark blue).

There's a great sunroom which will serve as my office and the boys playroom. The kitchen and bathrooms are U-G-L-Y, but we can deal with that for a bit. Some paint, clean carpets and new flooring in the kitchen/dining area will make a big difference. EVERY room in the house (with exception to the laundry room) is painted green. I like green and all; in fact my sofa and love seat are mostly green, but I don't want it in every room and not this particular shade of green! LOL

We do have an obstacle in the living room to find a work-around....there used to be a wood burning stove in the living room. So there's brickwork that looks like for a fireplace, but nothing is there. I think for now we're going to try to find a entertainment center to put in front of it....or maybe we can find a good deal on an electric fireplace. IDK
We also have the issue of furniture....as in, we need more. Because of the sunroom, we have use for more living room furniture. I'd actually like to put our current furniture in the sunroom and have a sectional for the living room....but that will have to wait for a while. If anyone knows of someone selling (cheap) or giving away decent living room furniture, please let me know. Can't afford to get what I want right now, so we'll just make due.
Oh, almost forgot to mention.....the home sits on 1 1/2 acres....great feature to us!
Anyhow, here are a few pictures.....but, remember that it's a fixer and needs a good cleaning!
Notice the lopsided mailbox? That will be replaced ASAP! ;)


The above mentioned issue in the living room.


Another view in the living room

View from living room into dining/kitchen area and into sunroom.

Kitchen and view into laundry room

Sunroom

Hall bath

Bedroom 1 - Walker's room

Bedroom 2 - Wyatt's room

Master w/glimpse into tiny master bath. We do have a walk-in closet though.

So, there you go. Our new pad. How do you like all of the green paint? It's soooo purdy! LOL I think I've decided on the paint colors, so we'll be going to buy that on Friday (also known as payday!)

4 comments:

  1. that's absolutely fantastic. congrats!!! looks like you will have lots and lots of room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I know you're so excited to get back into your own space and be able to spread out. I really love the sun room - what a great bonus (along with a big yard). Yippie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great! I love fixer-uppers. You get to put your own style on it. I bought a real fixer upper (try neon orange fish painted on the walls in the kitchen and paisley wallpaper in the bathroom that made you dizzy). It took us 2 years to get new carpet and 5 years to finally put tile in, but you can slowly make it your own. And 1 1/2 acres....wow....what I would give for that much room. The boys will love it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I was just about to ask about the green paint when I read your last paragraph LOL. Besides the pain, I think the house is great!

    ReplyDelete