Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great News!

My mother-in-law has been taken off the ventilator! YAY! The tube was removed yesterday afternoon. She is still in ICU, but making progress. She's giving the staff a run for their money, I can tell you that....as soon as the tube was out she told us she was ready to go home. I told her she has to get better first. My father-in-law told me that she was trying to get out of bed. They gave her something to make her rest. Hopefully she'll be a little more calm today and will soon be out of ICU.
Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers. She still has a long recovery, but I think the hardest part for her will be trying to stop smoking. Please continue to pray for her. As a former smoker, I know the power of that addiction. Even though the nicotine will be out of her system when she comes home, it will still be a struggle for her. I just hope she tries her best.
I pray that she will get to watch her grandsons grow up.

I will update again with any changes. Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news!! I'm continuing to pray for all of you and that your MIL will be able to stay nicotine free. I, too, know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete