Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prayers Needed

Yesterday afternoon (Monday, June 15th) my FIL called me to come help him, something was wrong with my MIL. She had been sleeping all day, which sleeping til noon or so for her isn't unusual at all (they are both retired). He checked in on her throughout the day, but the later it became, he began to get concerned. He tried to wake her up, but she would not respond. That's when he called for me.
When I got to her room, she looked bad...had a waxy appearance and was clammy to the touch. I could barely see her breathing. I immediately called 911. We tried and tried to wake her up with no luck. When the ambulance arrived one of the EMT's thought that she was no longer breathing, but she was...it was just very shallow.
Wilma was rushed to the hospital where she was put on a ventilator and is now in ICU.
She is in grave condition.
Please pray for her recovery. Please pray that when she recovers she will have the strength to stop smoking as this, coupled with the use of oxygen, is the only way for her to prolong her life. Please pray for my FIL. Please pray for my husband and his 3 sisters, as well as the rest of the family. And, please also say a special prayer for Walker; he is very worried about his Nana.
I will update with her status as there are changes.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. oh no. i'm so very sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete