Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ok, so I lied.....

In my last post I talked about how I was going to put both boys in daycare. I lied. Well, not really.....I changed my mind. I just can't do it. At least not until I give my original plan a shot. It very well may work, and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it does. I really want to spend the summer with my boys!

Here's the 2 week trial plan:
I will work in the mornings 5:30-9:30 (a little longer if possible, but at least until 9:30) then I'll work another 2 hours in the evening after dinner or after the boys are in bed. On days when we don't have plans and the boys are cooperative, I will try to work those couple of hours then so I don't have to work every night.
The best part about this is that I'll get to spend the summer with my boys and still work. I'd like to increase my hours while doing this too. I'm going to try to work a minimum of 30 hours, and possibly try for 35. If I'm able to pull this off, it will be a great benefit to us all. I won't have to work 40 hours in order to pay for daycare and I'll get great quality time with my boys; plus I can make a little extra$$. Walker only gets 2 months off during the summer, and I want us to enjoy it together! I'm hoping that when I have meetings, I can get PaPaw and Nana, Ninny or Erika to help out
I'm thinking of all the great things we'll be able to do this summer. Lots of time outside and in the water. We're lucky to have a newly renovated city pool, great parks, plus the lake and river close by which are all inexpensive or free.
So, that's the plan at this point. I really hope it works; it'll break my heart if it doesn't.

What do you think? Is it possible to make this work, or am I just delaying the inevitable? Honest opinions, please.

5 comments:

  1. I am a firm believer that if you put your mind to it, anything is possible. I do think that with the way you are scheduling things, you should be able to enjoy quality time with the boys the way you intend to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can do it. I wish you the very best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can do it! You really want to make this happen so you'll be able to do it. A Mom can accomplish anything she puts her mind to, especially when it comes to her kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the words of encouragement! It means a lot. I'm determined to make this work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! I stay home with my two, run an in-home daycare and sell slings on the side. It takes a lot of time. Sometimes the laundry doesn't get folded, but it is totally worth it! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete