Friday, May 8, 2009

I wonder.....

.....How can I score a free family vacation? I'm not picky, anyplace in a hotel for a few days would be great. Disney would be ideal, but I wouldn't turn down Gatlinburg, Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Savannah.... How did this thought come about, you ask? During one of the rare quiet moments I get to myself, I flipped through a baby mag that had ideas for fam vaca's on the cheap, I thought to myself how much I'd like to get away for a long weekend...just me, hubby and the boys. Then I thought about all the free vaca giveaways you see on tv--how is it that I can't win one? I keep waiting on Regis and Kelly to call me for a trivia question in hopes of winning one of their great wheel vacations...but alas, it has yet to happen.

.....How I can feel so unfulfilled in my job when I get to live the dream of working part-time, from home and keep my baby home with me? People think I'm crazy to want to work full-time in an office again, but I miss the daily interaction with adults. I miss talking to people other than family members on a regular basis. I miss wearing dress clothes and heels on occasion for a big meeting or luncheon. I miss getting out of the house for longer than just to take Walker to school and pick him up during the week. And, I admit, I miss the chit-chat and gossip around the coffee machine. The best parts of my job I don't get to do anymore b/c I work from home and out of town from the company. But I look at my baby and the time I get to spend with Walker at school, and think that I'm just being selfish...I just need to suck it up. I work for a fabulous company, I'm just bored and I miss people! Is that wrong?

.......How I got so lucky to have a great husband and 2 great boys. I'm so looking forward to going out for breakfast on Mother's Day and not counting points!! Here's my early Mother's Day present I received (a week early). :)

I Love It!!!

2 comments:

  1. Free vacation....when you figure out how, let me know. I play so many contests and web sweepstakes DAILY....but no vacation. Oh well, guess we have to pay for them in the mean time. But, if you look around on the web, particularly VRBO.com, you can find some good deals. If you wait until the last minute, they may even cut you bigger deals.

    As for work....I too miss being at work. I love Kevin, but only getting to talk to a 5 year old or my retired next door neighbor, I long for my co-workers. I also miss having a paycheck. This morning, I heard the new salary a stay at home mom should make...$122,000. But, that doesn't include home school...so for me, add in the teacher salary too. I know God has a plan for me, but it is a struggle. I have to admit it though, sleeping in and not having to deal with horrible weather, plus laying in the pool in the summertime....forget work!

    And, by the way, hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never win anything so can't help you there.

    I'm glad I get to go to work daily. I mostly enjoy the girls I work with and the grown up talks and all the sillyness. But I miss my little guy and wish I only had to go to work 4 days instead of 5.

    and i'm digging the purse.

    ReplyDelete