Monday, January 19, 2009

Nice weekend/but bad service at Rib & Loin!

What a great weekend! It was a long weekend for Walker--he'll be going back to school tomorrow.
On Saturday my friend Shari and her two kiddos, Tyler & Olivia, came to town from Spring Hill, TN for a day visit. It was so great to see them. This was their first time meeting Wyatt. Walker was so happy that Tyler came for a visit. He wanted them to spend the night. Once we move to a new house and have more room they will, but for now the quarters are just too tight! I will admit, there will be no pictures of our visit together. For some reason it never crossed my mind until they left to take a freaking picture--I'm such a looser!! Oh well...we'll get pictures the next time we get together....which I hope is soon. We need to make a trip to Middle TN soon for a visit. The only dark spot to our visit was when we went to Rib & Loin (on Brainered Rd. in Chattanooga, TN) for dinner. We thought it would be good to go somewhere they can't go in Spring Hill/Nashville---let them try a local place. Well, the food was great, but the service was HORRIBLE!! It was the first time I've had a bad experience in that place, but I will tell you that Randy has said he will NEVER go back. It's a real shame that when you ask for refills from your waitress and she never returns.....for well over 10-15 minutes of 2 people having nothing at all to drink...and this when the same waitress we see refilling drinks and taking orders at other tables....we had to ask a bus boy for drinks and a manager. Well, the manager was as useless as the waitress--when we told her the problem, she just said "Well, I'm sorry, but she's real busy." WTH?!!? Are you kidding me?? Then the waitress finally shows back up at our table (after Shari had to go to the cashier to get carry out boxes) and apologizes but says that she asked the hostess to refill our drinks and she said she offered and we refused---again, WTH??!!!?? So basically our waitress called us liars! Then, when we were about to leave, she was at another table refilling tea, and says (in a smart ass way) "Do y'all need more tea while I have it?" Say it with me now, WTH??!!!????! So, Randy emailed the owner. We'll see what happens from that. I will just say, Rib & Loin--you've lost a former loyal customer to crappy service and management! Ok, I'm finished with my rant now. Sorry, but I had to get it out and say it publicly on my blog because I can! :)
On to Sunday........
Mom came over for a visit and to bring back the carpet cleaner....but really she wanted to see Wyatt....who really cares about the rest of us, right? JK, mom...but really, it was to see Wyatt! :) Renee, Brianna and Brittany came for a visit too. Brianna was having a great time holding Wyatt until he just barely started to spit-up a little...then, she couldn't get rid of him fast enough!! LOL Brittany took right over though, she didn't care a thing about a little spit-up. She's going to make such a great mommy one day----hopefully many, many years from now! Here are a few pics....I had to get Renee to send them to me from her blog (www.blevinsnewhouse.blogspot.com)because I, yet again, dropped the ball on taking pictures!
Brianna & Wyatt

Brittany & Wyatt

Randy and his mini-me (aka Wyatt)

Renee and the girls took Walker with them to see Hotel for Dogs. Walker had such a good time.....and, as Renee put it, she thinks he ate his weight in popcorn! I'm so glad they offered to take him with them to the movies. It'll be a while longer before I'm ready to leave Wyatt for over 2 hours to go to a movie.

Today, Mom came to pick Walker up for a trip to McDonalds. They went to the one on Gunbarrel so he could play on the indoor playground. He had a great time. Mom took him with her to a store where she buys stuff to make candy...she said he's the only kid she knows that would find some sort of toy he wanted from a candy store! She was strong though and didn't let him have his way...they were things to go on top of cakes, not real toys to play with. He still had fun. I'm very much appreciated the time too....even though I didn't accomplish all I set out to because of a major puke incident--you know the kind, a full bottle out the mouth and nose and all over everyone and everything!! Yep, that kind! :)

So, all in all it was a really good weekend. Randy did have to work part of the day on Saturday....but this weekend he may have to work Saturday and Sunday. I'm not going to complain at all--there's too many people looking for work to complain about the work we have....we should be thankful.
With that said, I'll also say this: I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Presidential Inauguration. I did not, myself, vote for Mr. Obama, but I'm excited about what his presidency means to our country. There were some core issues (to me) that were the reason I chose to vote for McCain; however, I will support our Commander in Chief. I am hopeful that he will do great things and that by him being where he is will encourage others to do great things. It is history in the making, that cannot be denied, no matter who you voted for in the election. We should all pray for Mr. Obama and the new administration that they make decisions that will be best for our country....that they will do right by our soldiers abroad and at home...they keep us safe, we must do right by them....that I say selfishly as I have 2 brothers in the military as most of you know--1 currently in Afghanistan serving with he US Army and 1 newly enlisted in the Air Force. Mr. Obama has promised change and hope, I hope he can deliver. It will be an uphill battle for him and we must be patient. Tomorrow is a "New Day" (as Will I Am put it)and there's seems to be a new hope buzzing in our country. I hope it will all be for the good.

Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment