Sunday, January 4, 2009

Get this blog started

Ok, so you've probably been reading my pregnancy blog for months now. Well, I think now that Wyatt has arrived, there's no reason to stop blogging...but it's no longer about pregnancy, so here's the first post to The Douglas Four blog! WELCOME and ENJOY!
I'm going to cheat a bit for this first entry and include the last 2 posts from the pregnancy blog.
I still haven't downloaded any new pictures, but I will this week....I PROMISE!!!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Wyatt is 2 weeks old!

Well, it's hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since we welcomed Wyatt into the world. What an experience. I'm now officially allowed to drive!! YIPEE!
So, Tuesday we took Wyatt for his 1st doctor appointment. He's weighing 6lbs 7oz. I knew he'd lost weight since he was born, but we were so focused on getting out of the hospital I forgot to ask how much he weighed before we left...so I don't know what he got down to. The Dr. says they expect babies to be back up to their birth weight by the time they're 2 weeks old, so he's just fine.
We're not having much luck with nursing. I'm pumping several times a day, so he is getting 2-3 breastmilk bottles per day. It's disappointing, but I figure it's better than no breastmilk at all.
I haven't downloaded any new pictures yet, but I will soon. He's just the cutest little thing!
Walker is doing great with him. He loves his little brother, and it warms my heart when I see him pat Wyatt gently on the head and give him a kiss.
I'm feeling good. The incision is just a little sore still, but not near as bad as it was last week. I'm ready to feel like my old self again, but people keep reminding me that I just had major abdominal surgery and it takes time to heal. I guess they're right, but I am ready to get out of the house. I did venture to Babies R Us yesterday, which was great! Slowly, but surely, we're getting out and about!

Well, as I said I will post more pictures soon. I feel good to find the time to write this. You know, staring at a newborn baby and you loose track of time! :)
Take care and I'll blog again soon!
Missy
Posted by Missy 0 comments







Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Wyatt Jacob is here!

Wyatt Jacob, 12/19/08 9:52pm 6lbs 8oz 19.5 in.

Here's my short version of his birth:

BP was high so went in for amnio on Thursday. During the initial ultrasound the doc said the baby's fluid was too low--half of what it had been the week before. No need to do an amnio, we need to have a baby. They sent me to the hospital to start my induction. They put in the Cervadil(sp?) that evening to thin the cervix. Started the Pitocin Friday morning.
I asked for an epi around 5cm. Doc checked me at 7-8cm and said he didn't think I'd be able to push the baby out b/c of my pelvis being too narrow, but that I could try...so, in trying to avoid a c-sec I told him I'd really like to try. I ended up pushing for a total of about 3 hours--including after my epi stopped working--to no avail. Baby couldn't get past the pelvic bone. So, exhausted, we went for a c-sec. They re-dosed my epi, but it didn't fully take and I felt the surgery--I heard the baby cry and I was out....they'd put me to sleep. I didn't get to see Wyatt until 2 am. He had to go to the Special Care Nursery b/c of his blood sugar being low. But he is fine now. I'd go thru it all again to get my new little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment