Monday, July 27, 2009

milestones

Last week Wyatt got up on all fours! YAY! He's getting ready to crawl. He also got himself into the sitting position! It was a big week for him! He's growing so fast.

Speaking of growing, as in my waistline.......well, I gained another .4 lbs. I wasn't surprised. I'll explain why.......

July 23rd was our 15th wedding anniversary. Yes, 15 years! I feel proud that we have been married 15 year which is much longer than many. I am also excited for the next 15 years of our lives together. So many things have changed in 15 years. We've had struggles, joys, triumphs, loss and everything in between. We were just kids, it seems now, when we got married. I was 2 weeks shy of my 21st birthday and Randy was 24, but we're still here and still together. I love you, honey.

So, for our anniversary, my mom offered to babysit the boys for us on Friday (the night before my WW weigh-in). I'd always envisioned our 15th anniversary on a cruise somewhere tropical, but since that wasn't an option this year, we opted for the next best thing, SEAFOOD! ;) We usually like to try something new on our anniversary, so we set out for the Northshore Grille Smokin' Crabshack and Canteen (http://www.northshoregrille.com/). Let me just say this, WOW! We shared an appetizer of 2 sauteed crab cakes with a delicious remoulade served over a black bean and corn salsa. I chose the cream cheese and crab stuffed trout with a wild rice pilaf and haricots verts (green beans). It was absolutely wonderful! Randy chose the steamed crab for 1 which came with red potatoes and corn on the cob. Let's just say that he didn't let anything go to waste! He also ordered a side of jalapeno hush puppies. I helped myself to one, and they were really good. They weren't as spicy as I was afraid of, so it was a pleasant surprise. And lastly, for desert we had the Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. It was wonderful. It was so wonderful, in fact, I felt the need to take a photo to confess my Weight Watcher sin of eating half (or a little more) of this delectable treat!
Following dinner we went to see The Ugly Truth. It was trashily funny (yes, I made up my own word to describe it). It was really funny, but the language was on the verge of NC-17! We laughed and laughed....I guess we like trashily funny! lol At the movies I indulged in movie popcorn. What's a girl to do?
Do I ask for forgiveness for something I'm not sorry I did? No, I don't think so....but I will confess, to you all, my sin of gluttony on my anniversary. I absolve myself! :)

Then, to top of our night we went to see a friend of our run karaoke night at a little bar. I had 2 beers. So, I can't actually remember the last time I drank a beer, but I know it's been a while. They were very good, but my tummy was killing me the next day, so I guess I just don't have the stomach for it anymore. I think I'll stick to my fruity little girly drinks when I feel the need.

All in all, we had a fun night. Great food, funny movie and an ok bar watching people try to sing.

So, I think all of that explains my minimal weight gain on Saturday. Do I really care? A little. Would I change it? Hell no! We had fun!
Took Wyatt back to see Dr. E today. He has bronchitis and a minor ear infection. While we were there Dr. E took a peek at Walker's ears to see how they are coming along....not looking good. His next appointment will likely include a referral to an ENT and probably surgery. My poor sick babies :( Here's a pic of Wyatt getting his first breathing treatment.

This week is starting out a little rough.....but I am hopeful it will get better.

1 comment: