Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Save-the-date??????

So I've been thinking a lot about what to do for Wy's birthday. It's hard to believe that it's so close that I really need to start planning something.
Question: What do you think about sending a save-the-date card to those I'm going to invite to his party?? The reason I was thinking about this is because of his birthday being just 6 days before Christmas. Is it tacky to send a save-the-date for a kids birthday party?? It's not as thought I'm inviting the whole town or anything, but people are so busy during the holidays with paries and all that I want to be sure to give them enough notice.
All my fellow December 08 mommies, what are you doing??

Oh, here is a pic of Pop, Yaya and Wyatt. Walker wasn't home when they first stopped by--he'd gone to play with his cousin, Hayden for a few hours.

And here is a random pic of our mutts. They sit together like this all the time to look out the screen door--The 3 Stooges!! If they aren't like this, they are usually tormenting each other.

3 comments:

  1. I think a "save the date" card is totally appropriate, given the time of year his b'day falls; this being his first, we want to be sure everyone is available for the big celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I sent out Grayson's Evite for his party yesterday and I will still send out card invites too. and his party is the 5th but everyone makes plans around christmas so I wanted it on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea... people are always making early plans between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I love getting stuff on my calendar early!

    Britt is a December 1997 baby and sometimes I've wished I would have done her invites earlier :)

    ReplyDelete