Friday, August 28, 2009

Vegas, Baby.....

Nash-vegas, that is! LOL (gotcha, didn't I?)

I made a wonderful day trip to Nashville (Brentwood) on Wednesday. Had so much fun! It was wonderful seeing all my friends in the office and I finally got to introduce them to Wyatt. My dear friend, Shari, drove up to the office from Spring Hill to pick up and babysit Wyatt for me.

I had a wonderful lunch, got to catch up on all the goings on in the office and meet the new faces. I haven't actually been in the office in nearly a year, so there were people I'd never met before. Time sure flies when there's a new baby around!

After finishing up, I drove down to Spring Hill to have dinner with the Amaral's and to pick up Wyatt. Thank you, Shari, for watching Wyatt all day and for a wonderful dinner! You're a wonderful friend.....we sure do miss you guys! We enjoyed ourselves so much that I got a much later start on my return home, so it was after 11 by the time I got home.....after midnight before making it to bed. Well worth it though!
Sadly, I don't have a single picture to document Wyatt's first road trip. I forgot my camera!


Weight Watchers Update:
Saturday, August 22nd was a great weigh in for me.....I lost 2lbs! Thank Goodness! I'm not holding out much hope for this week since my exercise routine has been a bit skewed, but I'll get back on track.

Special Congrats to my wonderful step-mom, Lisa.....She has kicked Breast Cancer in the boob!!! Just finished up her last radiation treatment! You go girl!! <3 U!

Bad News.....
My ex-stepfather passed away on Friday, August 21st in a motorcycle accident. He was 55. Please do not send condolences to me, friends....there was no love lost. However, he and my mother were still "companions"; she and my sister are devastated by his death. My heart and prayers go to them and I ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I will leave my comments at that for the sake of my family.


Ok, let's not leave this post on a bad note......
hmmmm.........how about a knock-knock joke? Here we go:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Yo Mama.
Yo Mama, who?
Seriously, it's Yo Mama, now open the damned door!

baaaa-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!
Oh, snap! I made myself laugh! ;)

Have a good one.

1 comment: